Recent Happenings in the Insurance Industry (Part 3)
In today’s episode, George and Charlotte discuss the recent SolarWinds hack and other current cyber liability issues.
#022 – In today’s episode, George and Charlotte discuss the recent SolarWinds hack and other current cyber liability issues.
Just some of what’s covered in today’s discussion:
- Could you have been impacted by the SolarWinds hack? It had implications far beyond what you might have thought.
- What should you do in the event of a breach?
- Good news – your cyber liability carrier may be able to help in an emergency.
- When – and how – to train your staff to recognize and react to phishing, hacks, and other cyber attacks.
- One simple step you can take to add a layer of protection now.
- Password dos and don’ts. Plus, how to tell the difference between a normal tech glitch and a cyber attack.
More information on the SolarWinds hack is in this WSJ article.
Hosts & Guests
Outlook: Challenges and Opportunities Facing The Insurance Industry— Episode 39
George Robertson and Charlotte Hicks look at some of the main challenges facing agents this year and three ways to be successful in 2023.
Ron Berg: How ACT Helps Agencies Leverage Technology to Build Agency Value — Episode 38￼
#038 — Ron Berg, retiring director of the Agents Council for Technology (ACT) joins us to discuss how technology impacts customer satisfaction, the critical role of cyber security in agencies, and how insurtechs are helping agents serve their customers better.